Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The enormity of absence

I just want to extend my sincerest thanks and gratitude to all our friends and family that reached out to Kyle and I during this stressful time of anticipating our son's surgery!!
The procedure went without a hitch and he has been resting well and happy as usual.
We were able to remove the pressure bandage this evening and I couldn't get over my initial surprise at my reaction to the absence of his little bump. I remember thinking how conspicuous the grape sized knot on his head seemed, and how people's eyes would naturally gravitate toward it when they looked at him.
I honestly didn't expect the loss of such an obvious anomaly to be more profound than its former presence. I admired his now smooth, round, little head and despite the small bit of swelling I was amazed at the difference!

As odd as it sounds, I think I'm going to miss that little bump for some time.... it had been a part of my son since he was six weeks old!

Again, I want to thank in particular our friends at Grace for your continuous emails and support for our family!!!

I'm sad to miss Second Chance Prom and look forward to seeing lots of pictures!!!

2 comments:

  1. It is good to see that everything is going okay. Everyday is a new day and everyday brings on new challenges. Just know that you are not alone in anything you do no matter how small. Noel and I will continue to pray for your family with not just the big events but the day to day events.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So thankful to hear such a positive update!

    ReplyDelete